Final updated 14 May 2019 – see all updates
- 1. Principal facts and numbers
- 2. By ethnicity
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Data sources
- 5. Down load the info
1. Principal facts and numbers
- In accordance with the 2011 Census, ladies and girls made 51% associated with the populace of England and Wales, and guys and men made 49%
- Many cultural teams had approximately the male that is same female populations
- There was clearly a bigger female than male populace when you look at the Chinese, Black Caribbean as well as other White ethnic teams, where females and girls comprised 53% for the populations that are respective
- There clearly was a bigger male than feminine population within the Arab ethnic team, where males and men comprised 58% regarding the populace, and among those who defined as just about any ethnicity (54% males and men)
The Census is planned and completed because of the workplace for National Statistics (ONS) every ten years in England and Wales. The Census that is last was in March 2011.
The Census could be the survey that is only offer reveal image of the complete populace of England and Wales. It creates it feasible to compare various areas of the nation as all households are expected the exact same concerns in the exact same period of time.
For the 2011 Census, around 25 million pre-addressed questionnaires were published out to all households utilizing a specially developed address register that is national. Households could return their questionnaire by post or complete it on the web. Census workers delivered questionnaires by hand to individuals staying in domestic care domiciles, hospitals, hostels, boarding schools, college halls of residence, mobile house areas, armed forces bases as well as other public establishments.
94% of households completed the 2011 Census. Of these, 97% responded the concern about ethnicity.
This information reduces the populace of England and Wales by sex and ethnicity. The split between women/girls and men/boys is shown for every single cultural team.
The Census is held in England and Wales every a decade to gather information on everyone staying in the united states on a particular date.
The census offers the only way to obtain straight comparable data both for tiny areas and minority populace groups across England and Wales.
The information the Census provides permits central and government that is local wellness authorities and several other organisations to prepare housing, training, health insurance and transportation solutions for many years in the future.
The Census runs on the set that is standard of teams to gather and classify ethnicity information.
The 2011 Census utilized 18 standardised cultural groups:
Asian / Asian British:
- Any other Asian background
Ebony / African / Caribbean / Ebony British:
- Virtually any Ebony / african Caribbean that is/ back ground
Mixed / several ethnic teams:
- Mixed White and Ebony Caribbean
- Mixed White and Black African
- Mixed White and Asian
- Every other Mixed / Multiple cultural history, please describe
- English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish / British
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Every other White background, please describe
Other cultural team:
- Some other group that is ethnic
2. By ethnicity
|black colored African||48||52|
|Mixed White/Black African||50||50|
|blended White/Black Caribbean||50||50|